Easy, mini ice cream sandwiches made with salted chocolate chip cookies and a genius hack to make easy, even ice cream middles!
- 110g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) Golden Caster (Granulated) Sugar
- 100g (1/2 cup)Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 250g (1 1/4 cups) Plain (All Purpose) Flour
- 100g (1/2 cup) Dark Chocolate Chips
- Smoked Sea Salt
- 5 Cinema Sized Tubs of Ice Cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees (350 Fahrenheit) and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Beat together the butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl until smooth and the mixture has lightened in colour a little. Then beat in the egg and the vanilla extract, again until smooth.
- Stir in the Bicarbonate of Soda, salt and flour until the dough has formed, and then stir in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Roll the cookie dough into (small) meatball sized balls, and sprinkle a little sea salt on top of each one. leave about an inch between each one on the baking tray.
- Bake them for 7-8 minutes, until they have gone slightly golden. Transfer them to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Slice and peel the carton off of the ice cream pieces and sandwich them between two cookies, one by one.
- Stash them in the freezer for 20 minutes after assembly so that they are not too soft when you go to eat them, and enjoy!