Super easy giant prawns for the barbecue that go great with flavours from the American South.
- 16 Raw, Shell On Giant Prawns (Shrimp)
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 tbsp Light Olive or Rapeseed Oil
- 4 tbsp Cajun Spice Mix
- Blend together the lime juice, oil and spice blend and toss the prawns in the marinate until they are well coated.
- Stash in the fridge while the barbecue is being lit and brought up to temperature for cooking. Thread the tops and the bottoms of the prawns onto wooden skewers.
- I tend to put 3-4 prawns on each skewer, and soak the skewers ahead in some cold water to prevent them catching fire while cooking.
- Barbecue the prawns for a few minutes on each side until perfectly pink, and serve straight away with a finger bowl of warm water and lime and a dish to discard the prawn shells for each person.