This easy pea pesto – made from a bag of frozen petite pois – is perfect to coat a bowl full of whole wheat penne for a healthy Halloween treat,
- 200g (7 oz) Barilla Whole Wheat Penne Rigate
- 150g (6 oz) Frozen Petit Pois, thawed
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I’m still totally in love with Pomora at the moment)
- Large Handful Fresh Basil
- Zest of 1/2 Unwaxed Lemon
- 2 tsp Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling, salted water until it is al-dente.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. In a small food processor or mini chopper (I swear by this one), blend the petit pois, olive oil, basil, lemon zest, parmesan, and a generous amount of salt and pepper. I like a smoother sauce, but you can also go for a chunky pesto. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Drain the pasta well, and stir in the pea pesto. Serve straight away, divided between two warm bowls.