These halfway-homemade ramen noodles flavoured with a homemade laksa pasta are a great lunchtime treat.
For the Laksa Ramen Noodles
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Homemade Laksa Paste
- 1 Pack Ramen Noodles, flavour sachet removed
- Juice of 1/4 Lime
- Dash of Fish Sauce
- Small Handful Coriander
For the Laksa Paste
- 1 Chilli
- 1 Lemongrass Stalk, outer layers removed and finely chopped
- 1 Large Clove Garlic, peeled
- 1 Shallot, peeled
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- To make the laksa paste, blend all of the ingredients together in a mini chopper or spice grinder until it is as smooth as you can get it. Decide if you want to leave the seeds in the chilli or remove them depending on how much heat you like.
- To make the ramen, mix the coconut milk powder in the bottom of the largest mug you’ve got (or a microwave proof bowl) with a little boiling water until you’ve created a smooth, creamy paste.
- Stir in 1 1/2 tsp of laksa paste, and break the ramen block over the top.
- Top up the mug to just over halfway, and microwave as per the ramen packet’s instructions.
- Stir in the coriander leaves, a dash of fish sauce and a good squeeze of fresh lime juice, and serve. I like looser noodles, so I like to add a bit more boiling water at this point too.