This lighter version of the All-American wedge salad makes the perfect side dish for a summer barbecue. A plate of these looks incredible as part of a family style dinner party spread.
- 2 tbsp Light Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 0% Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Buttermilk
- 1 Very Small Clove Garlic, peeled and crushed
- Small Handful Chives, chopped
- Sea Salt
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce
- 3 Rashers Smoked Streaky Bacon
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- First, make the ranch dressing. Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, buttermilk, garlic, most of the chives and sea salt to taste.
- Add a little water to thin out the dressing enough so that you can just about drizzle it using a spoon, but it is still thick enough to hold its shape on said spoon.
- Cook the bacon in a dry frying pan until crispy, and leave to cool on a sheet of kitchen paper. Using scissors, cut the bacon into very small pieces.
- Slice the hard base off of the lettuce (you don’t want the red bit that has been exposed to the air, but you do want to keep just enough to hold the wedges together), and remove any damaged outer leaves.
- Quarter the lettuce, and place the wedges cut side up.
- Drizzle with the dressing, sprinkle over the remaining chives and the bacon bits, and finish each piece with a touch of freshly ground black pepper.