This easy one pan with eggs, chickpeas, tomatoes and basil is delicious for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- Large Handful Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 2 Sprigs Basil
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- Large Pinch Fennel Seeds
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- Tabasco, to serve (optional)
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- While the pan is heating up, combine the halved cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and the basil leaves, torn, reserving some of the smaller ones to sprinkle over the pan at the end of cooking. Set aside to marinate.
- Drain the chickpeas and add them to the pan along with the fennel seeds (lightly crushed between your fingertips as you add them to the pan) and a good amount of salt and pepper. Toss every few minutes until the chickpeas have started to pop, brown and go slightly crispy.
- Add 2 tbsp water to the tomato mixture, and pour it into the pan. Stir to combine, and let the liquid bubble away and the tomatoes soften slightly.
- Crack the eggs into the pan, turn the heat down to low, and cover the pan with a lid or a baking tray. Allow the eggs to bake for 3-4 minutes until the whites are just set.
- Sprinkle over the remaining basil and enough tabasco to your liking before serving.