This easy and addictive way of preparing Korean rice cakes is the perfect side dish to a Korean feast.
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 200g Rice Cakes
- 2 tbsp Groundnut Oil
- 2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- Toasted Black Sesame Seeds
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and mirin in a small bowl and set aside.
- Boil a pan of water, and add the rice cakes. Cook them until they float to the surface (like gnocchi) and drain. Set aside so you can get rid of as much excess water as possible.
- Heat a very large pan or wok over a very high heat and add the groundnut oil.
- Add the rice cakes, and stir fry until they are brown and crispy.
- Add the sauce, and allow to bubble away until sticky, and coating the rice cakes.
- Serve the rice cakes with the sliced spring onions and sesame seeds sprinkled over the top.