This easy relish goes fantastically with steak to give a boost to what would otherwise be a boring weeknight dinner. And it can be on the table in just 10 minutes!
- 1 Boneless Steak
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 20g Pickled Jalapeños (from a jar)
- Small Handful Fresh Coriander
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Sort out whatever sides you fancy while the steak comes up to room temperature from the fridge. I went for some buttery salad leaves, spring onions and cucumber to keep things light.
- Heat a frying pan to a very high heat, season the steak with salt and pepper on each side, and cook until brown and slightly caramelized on one side, then flip and do the same on the other for a few minutes. You’ll learn how you like your steak after a few goes.
- Set it aside on a warm plate covered with tin foil to rest, and make the relish by finely chopping the jalapeños and the coriander, and combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Serve either on the side of a whole steak, or spooned over it sliced.