Pineapple comes to live when it is cooked on the barbecue, and in this recipe it has been taken to the next level with chilli, coriander and a coconut rum drizzle.
- 3 tbsp Golden Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Coconut Rum
- 1 Small/ Medium Pineapple
- 1/2 Red Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Very Small Handful Fresh Coriander Leaves
- In a small saucepan over a low heat stir the sugar and water together until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chilli and top, tail and slice the pineapple into thick slices.
- Stir the rum into the cool sugar syrup until it is completely combined.
- Barbecue the pineapple slices until you get good, caramalised lines on each side, and serve piled onto a warm plate with the coriander and chilli sprinkled over and a very generous drizzle of the rum syrup.