A delicious, serves one brunch option from my first cookbook Student Eats.
- 1 Large Flour Tortilla
- Splash Light Oil
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 6 tsp Homemade Pico de Gallo Salsa (recipe here, or buy it from Whole Foods)
- 5 tbsp Black Beans
- 1 Large Egg
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Small Handful Fresh Coriander
- 1 Large Radish
- 1 Small Avocado
- 1 Lime Wedge
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (390 fahrenheit). Use scissors to cut up the tortilla into pieces the size and shape of tortilla chips, and spread across a baking tray. Bake in the oven until slightly golden and crispy. Leave to cool on the baking tray.
- Heat a splash of oil in a medium (preferably non stick) frying pan over a medium heat. While the pan is heating up, thinly slice the red onion. Also, thinly slice the radish. Fry the onion until soft.
- Add 4 tsp of the salsa and cook for about a minute, before stirring in the black beans.
- Add the baked tortilla chips to the pan, and stir as much as you can until the tortilla chips are partially coated in salsa and beans, and they have started to go soft in a few places.
- Make a shallow well in the middle of the pan and crack in the egg. Cook for about 5 minutes until the egg is set.
- Season the whole pan with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining salsa. Scatter with fresh coriander and sliced radish, and slide the contents of the pan onto the plate.
- Serve with sliced avocado and a fresh lime wedge on the side.