- 180g Poached Salmon
- 60g Cold Hot Smoked Salmon
- 2 Large Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Nonpareille Capers, finely chopped
- Small Handful Fresh Dill, finely chopped
- 50g Creme Fraiche
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Sheet Gelatine
- 20ml Tonic Water
- 20ml Cold Water
- 10ml Gin
- To make the terrine, lightly flake the salmon together in a small bowl, taking care to still keep some chunks.
- Stir in the spring onions, chopped capers, dill, creme fraiche and lemon zest until everything is combined. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper, and press into clean glass jars leaving about a centimetre of space at the top for the jelly.
- To make the jelly, soak the half gelatine sheet in a bowl of cold water.
- Meanwhile, combine the tonic water, 20ml of cold water and gin in a small saucepan and heat so that it is hot to the touch but has not started to simmer.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine sheet and whisk it into the hot liquid. Set this aside to cool for about 5 minutes before pouring between the terrine jars to seal the terrine. If you have any leftover, floating dill fronds in the gel looks pretty.
- Allow the jelly to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving at room temperature.