These easy canapés are so simple to make and look beautiful piled up on a platter for a Christmas or New Year drinks party.
- 1 x 320g (12 oz) Puff Pastry Sheet
- Plain Flour
- 1 Small Egg
- Splash Milk
- Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Sweet Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees (375 farenheit) and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Lay the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and cut out as many stars as you can, dividing them between the two baking sheets as you go.
- Brush each star with the egg beaten with a splash of milk.
- Grate parmesan over one tray of the stars, and sprinkle spices over the over. I like to use a ratio of 2 parts paprika with 1 part cayenne measured roughly with a teaspoon into a mini sieve or a circular tea strainer for easy dusting.
- Bake in the oven for around 8 minutes until the stars have puffed up and the parmesan has gone golden.
- Allow to cool, then serve piled high on a serving plate.