This naturally gluten free dish is great as a really, easy one pot weeknight with vibrant kale, juicy mussels and a rich sundried tomato pesto.
- Glug Light Oil
- 1/2 Small White Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Generous Splash White Wine
- 400g Mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1 Very Large Handful Curly Kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp Sacla’ Free-from Tomato Pesto
- Heat the oil in a large lidded frying pan or casserole dish over a medium low heat. Add the onion, garlic and a pinch of salt, and cook until the onion and garlic have softened, but not started to brown.
- Splash the white wine into the pan and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the mussels, and put the lid on the pan, turning the heat down to low.
- Once the mussels have just started to open, take off the lid, add the kale and toss the whole lot around in the pan. Return the lid until the mussels have fully opened, and the kale has softened.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the pesto until everything is combined, and serve immediately.