This easy, Mexican twist on a classic prawn cocktail made with avocado, lime and a spicy tomato V8 juice sauce makes a great dinner party starter before a Mexican spread.
- 70ml (2 1/2 fl oz) Tomato or Vegetable Juice (I used V8 as I drink it every morning)
- 1 tbsp Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/4 Lime
- 1/2 tbsp Chipotle Paste
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Large Handful Cooked King Prawns
- Small Handful Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped + extra to garnish
- 1 Large Tomato, cubed
- 1 Small Ripe Avocado, cubed
- 1 Baby Gem Lettuce, shredded
- Tortilla Chips, to serve
- Whisk together the tomato juice, garlic infused olive oil (I use and can’t recommend a subscription from Pomora – mine was free but I’d pay for it if they ever stopped sending it to me!), lime juice, chipotle paste, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, a pinch of salt and a good few grinds of pepper.
- Carefully stir in the prawn, tomato, avocado and chopped coriander, being sure not the break the avocado up too much (which would make a cloudy sauce).
- Divide the lettuce in the bottom of a couple of small glasses, then spoon over the prawn/ tomato/ avocado mixture and any excess juices.
- Garnish with any leftover coriander, and serve with tortilla chips for scooping/ in lieu of the more traditional melba toast with the British version.