This ghoulish but elegant dish is great scaled up as a speedy Halloween dinner party dish, or just a special fish supper for two.
- 1 x 25g (1 oz) Pack Basil, roughly chopped
- Large Pinch Sea Salt
- 3 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 2 Small Handfuls Whole, Shelled Pistachios
- 180g (6 oz) Squid Ink Spaghetti
- 8 Small Peruvian Scallops, in their shells
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Chilli Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the grill / broiler to 250 degrees (480 fahrenheit).
- First, make the pesto. In a pestle and mortar, combine the basil, sea salt and the extra virgin olive oil, spoonful by spoonful until you’ve created a paste. Stir in the parmesan. Add the pistachios, half at a time and bash them until they are broken up, but don’t turn them into a paste. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water as per the packets instructions.
- Meanwhile, arrange the scallops in their shells on a baking tray and season with a little freshly ground salt and pepper, and a little of chilli infused olive oil. Grill for 4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and stir in the pistachio pesto. Serve on warm plates with the scallops, still in their shells arranged on top.