These easy Devilled Eggs are given a luxurious twist with fresh cream, smoked salmon and lumpfish caviar, inspired by the classic brunch dish, Eggs Royale.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Light Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Cream (Single, Heavy or Double – whatever is open!)
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 Slice Smoked Salmon
- Black Lumpfish Caviar
- Small Sprig Dill
- Hard boil the eggs for 10 minutes, then run under a cold tap to instantly cool.
- Peel the eggs and slice in half down the middle.
- Scoop out the yolk and mash it together in a small bowl with the mayonnaise and cream until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and scoop into a piping bag with a large star nozzle.
- Pipe the filling back into the holes in the egg halves.
- Slice slithers off the piece of salmon and roll into rosettes. It looks pretty if you work from the thickest part to the skinniest. Make one for each egg.
- Arrange the salmon rosettes on top of the filling along with small scoops of the caviar and a sprig of dill.
For a party you can boil the eggs a few days ahead, and assemble the eggs the morning of, and keep them in the fridge.