A super easy caesar salad (with no raw eggs) with a classic tangy dressing, parmesan shavings, soft boiled eggs and croutons made out of leftover stale bread.
For the Caesar Dressing
- 1 Small Garlic Clove
- 4 Anchovy Fillets
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 25g (1/4 cup) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt & Black Pepper
For the Caesar Salad
- 2 Large Eggs
- Large Handful Stale Bread, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Romain Lettuce Heart, shredded
- Small Handful Parmesan Shavings
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- First make the dressing by combining the garlic clove, anchovy fillets, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and mayonnaise in a mini chopper or blender until smooth. Add the cheese and blitz until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Boil the eggs for 6 minutes before plunging them into cold water to stop them cooking, peeling and quartering them.
- While the eggs are cooking, make the croutons by heating the oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan until shimmering. Add the stale bread cubes and toss every minute or so until they are crisp and golden. Remove from the heat.
- To assemble the salad, toss the shredded lettuce with a couple of spoonfuls of dressing until just coated and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle over the parmesan shavings and the croutons, and arrange the eggs. Drizzle with a little more dressing and finish the salad with a good few grinds of black pepper.
Store the leftover dressing in a clean jar in the fridge.