A strong, fruity margarita that is a beautiful, refreshing way to enjoy the best of late winter blood oranges. Easily scaled up to make a pitcher for a crowd.
- 120ml Tequila Blanco
- 40ml Triple Sec
- Juice of 3 Large Blood Oranges
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 Large Handfuls Ice Cubes
- Fine Sea Salt (optional, for salted glass rims)
- Combine the tequila, triple sec and citrus juice with a handful of ice in the cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for about a minute.
- If you’re rimming the glasses, shake a thin layer of salt on one plate, and pour a little triple sec on another. Dip the glass rims first in the triple sec, then the salt, making sure only to coat the outside rim of the glass.
- Divide the remaining ice between the two glasses, and strain over the margarita mix. Serve immediately.