An easy, slow cooker-friendly recipe for shredded Mexican-style beef that is simply delicious stuffed into soft flour tortilla wraps before being loaded up with cheese, avocado, soured cream and homemade tomato salsa.
- 1 x 400g (14 oz) Pack Diced Braising Steak
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. I like to let the meat cook for as long as possible; depending on how tight your lid fits, you may need to add a splash of water during the last hour or so if the beef starts to dry out.
- Break the beef up with a wooden spoon and give it a good stir before serving.