This easy, classic Spanish sangria is great for a party! Use a good Spanich garnacha Rioja wine for a full bodied glassful – I used a couple of complimentary bottles of Campo Viejo Garnacha Rioja here!
- 2 x 750 cl bottles Campo Viejo Garnacha Rioja
- 120ml (4 oz) Brandy
- 120ml (4 oz) Triple Sec
- 200ml (7 oz) Sparkling Lemonade
- 2 tsp Golden Caster Sugar (optional)
- Handful Fresh Apple, cubed
- Handful Fresh Strawberries, cubed
- 1/4 Orange, sliced then quartered
- In the bottom of a large jug mix together the brandy and the triple sec. I find adding orange liquor as well as the traditional brandy it gives it a nice Summery and fruity flavour.
- Add the wine and the lemonade and stir well. Taste, and see if the sugar is required. Depending on your brand of lemonade, triple sec and personal tastes, it might be sweet enough already. If you’re adding it, stir until it is all dissolved.
- Add the fruit, stir well and serve either chilled or at room temperature, depending again on your personal preference.
- Chill the wine and lemonade ahead for an instant pitcher.