I’ve adapted this delicious, bright green Cucumber & Mint Lemonade from The Lemonade Cookbook to make it fresher and lighter.
- 1 Hothouse Cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 Bunch Fresh Mint, roughly chopped
- 50g (1/4 cup) White Caster (Granulated) Sugar
- Juice of 5 Lemons
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Cold Water (I used the water out of my BRITA filter for this)
- Add the cucumber, mint, lemon juice and sugar to a blender and blitz until very smooth. Depending on the size of your blender, you might have to add the cucumber in two batches to fit, I had to! Also, don’t worry about leaving the skin on the cucumber; it does not affect the flavour and helps enhance the lovely green colour of the lemonade.
- Press the lemonade mix through a very fine mesh sieve over a large jug. You should get a lovely clear green liquid.
- Add the water in through the sieve, it will make sure not much good flavour is left behind in the pulp, rather than your lemonade. Chill before serving, and serve over ice.