These easy, spicy chicken wraps with blistered cherry tomatoes are delicious for weeknight dinners loaded up with garlic aioli and all of your favourite toppings.
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- large handful cherry tomatoes
- soft flour tortilla wraps
- fresh rocket
- garlic aioli
- natural yogurt or low fat creme fraiche
- First marinate the chicken – I like to do this a couple of hours in advance. Either in a medium bowl or a plastic bag, combine the hot sauce (I’ve used Mahi’s Bhut Jolokia #ad), olive oil, runny honey, lemon juice paprika, dried chilli flakes and salt. Cut the chicken thighs into strips and toss them in the marinade.
- When you’re ready to cook, heat a griddle pan (or the barbecue if it is summertime) over a high heat. Cook the chicken in batches until just cooked through and charred – be sure to keep the window open as it can get smoky depending on what brand of hot sauce you prefer! Set aside on a warm plate under foil to keep warm.
- Charr the tomatoes on the hot griddle until just blistered.
- Serve the chicken and tomatoes with the wraps, rocket, aioli, and the yogurt or creme fraiche, bringing everything to the table so that you can help yourselves.