A delicious plate of scrambled eggs, roasted tomatoes and mini portobello mushrooms served with a punchy coriander coconut chutney and lots of hot toasted naan bread.
For the Coriander Coconut Chutney
- large handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- fresh lime juice, to taste
For the breakfast
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 8 mini portobello mushrooms
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 2 small or 1 large naan bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. Meanwhile, make the chutney by blitzing all the ingredients in a mini chopper until you’ve got it as smooth as possible.
- Roast the tomatoes and the mushrooms, peeled and seasoned with salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
- With 5 minutes to go, scramble the eggs, lightly beaten with a bit more salt and pepper in the coconut oil over a medium heat. For more on my scrambled egg method, see above.
- Toast the naan and serve the cooked breakfast between two warm plates with the chutney on the side to generously spoon over the eggs.
While I’m still working to nail the perfect recipe when I do make naan from scratch I use this recipe from half Baked Harvest.