A bright, simple and vibrant chilli sauce perfect to serve as a condiment – it works especially well with fried eggs and cooked breakfasts.
- 150g (5 oz) red chillies
- 100ml (1/2 cup) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp flaky sea salt
- Roughly chop the chillies – including the seeds but discarding the green stalks – and add them to a small saucepan along with the vinegar and the sea salt.
- Set the pan over a high heat and bring to the boil. Bring the heat down to low, and simmer for 15 minutes until the chillies are soft.
- Leave the mixture to cool a little before blitzing into a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a sterilised jar and keep in the refrigerator.