A simple tomato salad with flavours inspired by Mexican-style Pico de Gallo salsa, the perfect side dish for any summertime Mexican or Tex-mex inspired meal.
- 400g (14 oz) mixed heirloom tomatoes
- sea salt
- 1/2 small banana shallot
- 1 small jalapeño
- small handful fresh coriander
- extra virgin olive oil
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and arrange them on a serving dish. Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot. De-seed the jalapeño and finely dice. Chop the coriander.
- Sprinkle the shallot, jalapeño and the coriander over the salad before drizzling generously with olive oil before serving.
This salad can be made a couple of hours ahead, but be sure to serve at room temperature.