An easy sheetpan al Pastor-inspired chicken and pineapple taco recipe perfect for serving on busy weeknights.
For the Tacos
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 200g (7 oz) fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 small shallot
- juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges for serving
- small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
For the Marinade
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 1/2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients into a medium bowl, crushing the garlic into the sauce. Roughly chop the chicken into bite sized pieces and toss in the marinade until well coated. Set aside to marinate while the oven is heating up.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (390 fahrenheit). Once it is hot, spread the chicken out across a baking tray and sprinkle over the pineapple chunks. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the shallot, prepare the avocado, and if you’re using corn rather than flour tortillas, cook them by lightly charring them in a very hot frying pan or directly onto the AGA hot plate, if using.
- Remove the chicken and pineapple pieces from the oven. Squeeze over the lime juice and toss everything together on the tray with the chopped shallot. Serve sprinkled with the coriander, with the avocado and taco wraps on the side.