Hard boiled quails eggs are served with homemade chipotle and parsley dipping salts for an easy and delicious festive canapé.
- 12 quails eggs
- 2 tbsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tsp roughly chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried chipotle flakes
- Cook the quails eggs in a pan of boiling water before plunging them into ice water. I find 2 1/2 minutes are great for soft middles, and 3 minutes for hard boiled.
- Meanwhile, make the flavoured salts. First, blitz together 1 tbsp of the salt with the parsley in a mini chopper or food processor – I find I need to shake it while I blitz for an even salt. Wipe the processor clean with a piece of kitchen towel before blitzing the remaining tablespoon of salt with the dried chipotle flakes.
- Make sure the quails eggs are completely cold (see above) before peeling and serving with the dipping salts.