These adorable mini Dutch Baby Pancakes are made in a muffin tin and are delicious piled up before being drizzled with chocolate hazelnut sauce, sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts and finished with chocolate praline truffles.
- large knob unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- small handful toasted hazelnuts
- 9 Guylian truffles
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and the sugar together until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the vanilla and the milk, followed by the flour until the batter is smooth.
- Using a pastry brush, brush 9 holes of a non-stick muffin tin with melted butter. Divide the batter between each of them and bake for 15 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the butter pan with a piece of kitchen towel and then use the pan to heat the chocolate hazelnut spread until it reaches drizzling consistency. Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Remove the pancakes from the oven and transfer them to a warm serving bowl. Drizzle the pancakes with the chocolate hazelnut sauce, then sprinkle over the nuts. Nestle a Guylian truffle in the middle of each pancake and serve immediately. This is best served with two sets of knifes and forks, for sharing in front of the TV!