These Green Eggs & Ham inspired devilled eggs are flavoured with pesto and parma ham, and make a great canapé or appetiser for an Easter gathering!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 sheet parma ham
- fresh chives (optional, to garnish)
- Boil the eggs in a pan of rapidly boiling water for 9 minutes before plunging them into a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Carefully peel the eggs and with a very sharp knife cut them down the middle.
- Using a teaspoon carefully scoop out the yolks.
- Mash the yolks with 1 tbsp of the mayonnaise until smooth before stirring in the rest of the mayonnaise, the yogurt and 1 tbsp of the pesto.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with the filling and generously pipe the filling into each egg.
- Tear the parma ham into eight pieces and roll up little roses – you may not need the whole slice.
- Spoon a little pesto onto each egg before garnishing them each with a ham rose and a piece of chives before serving.
You can make these devilled eggs up to a couple of hours in advance, but be sure to bring them up to room temperature before serving.