Crispy, healthy baked plantain chips served with a smashed avocado lime dip – the perfect vegan, low-carb treat to enjoy for lunch or with a few drinks before dinner.
For the Plantain Chips
- 1 large plantain (ripe, but still with green patches)
- 2 tbsp light oil
- 1/4 tsp cajun spice mix
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Smashed Lime Avocado
- 1 small ripe avocado
- large pinch sea salt
- juice 1/2 lime
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (350 fahrenheit).
- Peel the plantain and slice, slightly on the diagonal, into the thinnest slices you can. Toss these in a bowl with the oil, spice and salt until they’re all well coated.
- Spread the plantain chips out in a single layer on a baking parchment lined baking tray and bak for 15-20 minutes until just crisp and golden – they’ll firm up more as they cool. You might need to take some off the tray early if they’re crisping up too much.
- Meanwhile, smash the avocado to a puree with a fork and fold in the lime juice and sea salt, to taste.