These Easy Kimchee & Sweetcorn Fritters are super light and naturally vegan – delicious served with a generous dollop of coconut yogurt or soured cream with a little sweet chilli sauce swirled through.
- 5 tbsp plain (all purpose) flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 70ml (1/4 cup) milk of your choice
- 1 x 165g (6 oz) drained weight can tinned sweetcorn
- 120g (4 1/4 oz) kimchee
- 4 large spring onions
- freshly ground sea salt & black pepper
- light oil, for frying
- coconut yogurt or soured cream, for serving
- sweet chilli sauce, for serving
- 1/2 tbsp chopped chives, for serving
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and milk in a medium to large bowl to make a smooth batter.
- Drain the sweetcorn, roughly chop the kimchee, and trim and slice the spring onions before stirring them all with a generous amount of salt and pepper into the batter.
- Heat enough oil just to cover the bottom of a non-stick pan over a medium high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, fry heaped tablespoonful of batter until golden on each side, about 4-5 minutes each. If you need to, work in batches leaving the cooked fritters to rest on a warm plate lined with kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve immediately with a little coconut yogurt or soured cream with some sweet chilli sauce swirled through and a scattering of chopped chives.