These easy Sheet Pan Halloumi Fajitas are a quick, easy and flavour-filled way to get dinner on the table on busy weeknights in just 30 minutes.
- 3 large mixed peppers
- 2 brown onions
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp light oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 250g (9 oz) halloumi
- 1 medium avocado
- 6–8 flour tortillas, for serving
- soured cream, for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (390 farenheit).
- De-seed and chop the peppers into bite size chunks, and peel and onions before slicing them into wedges.
- Toss the veggies together on a medium to large sheet pan and sprinkle over the spices and the salt. Drizzle over the oil and the lime juice and toss everything together so that the veggies are well coated in the spice mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the veggies are just tender and slightly browned around the edges.
- Meanwhile, slice the halloumi and allow the slices to break in half down the natural fold in the middle. Cube the avocado.
- Toss the veggies around on the tray using a spatula and lay the halloumi pieces on top. Switch the oven to grill (broil) on a medium high heat and grill for about 5-6 minutes until the cheese is soft and golden around the edges. You want nice charred halloumi, but not for the rest of the veggies to burn.
- Serve with the avocado scattered on top at the table with the flour tortillas and the soured cream.