These easy Air Fryer Halloumi Fries are delicious to enjoy with drinks before dinner, or as an easy appetiser to enjoy in front of the TV!
- 1 x 250g (9 oz) block halloumi
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 egg
- matzo meal
- olive oil spray
- chilli ketchup, for serving
- roughly chopped fresh mint, for serving
- Drain the halloumi and pat dry. Cut lengthways into fry sized matchsticks.
- In a small, shallow dish mix together the flour and ras el hanout. Beat the egg in another, and pour out enough matzo meal to generously cover the bottom in a third.
- Dredge the halloumi pieces first in the flour mix, then the egg, then the matzo meal. I use one hand for the egg and another for the dry ingredients to stop my fingers getting breaded!
- Transfer the fries to the air fryer basket and spritz with a little oil. Cook for 20 minutes on 200 celcius (390 fahrenheit) until crisp and golden. Serve scattered with mint and with chilli ketchup for dipping.
Spray oil is essential to the success of this recipe – if you can’t find a brand you like, you can always make your own using regular cooking oil and a spritzer bottle.