These easy Air Fryer Halloumi Fries are delicious to enjoy with drinks before dinner, or as an easy appetiser to enjoy in front of the TV!
- 1 x 250g (9 oz) block halloumi
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 egg
- matzo meal
- olive oil spray
- chilli ketchup, for serving
- roughly chopped fresh mint, for serving
- Drain the halloumi and pat dry. Cut lengthways into fry sized matchsticks.
- In a small, shallow dish mix together the flour and ras el hanout. Beat the egg in another, and pour out enough matzo meal to generously cover the bottom in a third.
- Dredge the halloumi pieces first in the flour mix, then the egg, then the matzo meal. I use one hand for the egg and another for the dry ingredients to stop my fingers getting breaded!
- Transfer the fries to the air fryer basket and spritz with a little oil. Cook for 20 minutes on 200 celcius (390 fahrenheit) until crisp and golden. Serve scattered with mint and with chilli ketchup for dipping.