This Fresh Strawberry Sorbet recipe is the perfect thing if you have a glut of summer strawberries on your hands, simply sweetened with a little sugar and brightened with a hit of fresh lemon.
- 120g (1 1/4 oz) white caster sugar
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 650–700g (approx 1 1/2 lb) fresh strawberries
- Combine the sugar, lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan and set over a medium heat. Heat, stirring occasionally until all the sugar has dissolved and you have a thick syrup. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, top all the strawberries and transfer them into a large glass bowl. Using a stick blender blitz into a smooth sauce. Blitz in the cooling sugar syrup.
- In an ice cream maker, blend the sorbet for approximately 40 minutes, as per the machine instructions – all machines tend to come with a recipe for lemon sorbet: use that one as a guide. The end result should be just looser than you’d want for scooping into a cone.
- Freeze in an air tight container and eat within 3 months.