These easy, healthy Air Fryer Fried Chicken Sandwiches served with kosher pickles and sriracha mayo take just 30 minutes from start to finish – perfect to enjoy as a weeknight treat!
- 5 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp pickle brine
- freshly ground sea salt & black pepper
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 75g (2 3/4 oz) plain (all purpose) flour
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- light spray oil
- 2 tbsp kewpie mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 x brioche buns, for serving
- lettuce, for serving
- kosher pickle slices, for serving
- Whisk together the natural yogurt, pickle brine and a generous amount of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the chicken thighs and stir to coat.
- In a larger bowl, combine the flour, paprika, garlic granules and cayenne pepper, along with a little more salt. Set aside. Additionally, whisk the egg in another small bowl, and set aside.
- Shake as much of the yogurt mixture as possible off of the chicken and dip it in the flour mixture. Then coat in egg, then coat it in the flour again. Repeat with the second chicken thigh.
- Spritz the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil as well as each side of the two thighs. Cook the thighs on the chip setting (200 degrees) for 20 minutes, without turning the thighs.
- Meanwhile, stir together the kewpie mayonnaise and sriracha, and set aside.
- Once you’re ready to assemble your sandwiches, use a fish slice to lift the chicken out of the air fryer (using tongs it will be more likely the chicken will stick and you’ll leave the crunchy coating behind!)
I find the least messy way to build this sandwich is bun + lettuce + pickles + chicken + sriracha mayo + bun. Enjoy!