This easy recipe for Green Beans with Bacon Vinaigrette is the perfect summer side dish to serve whenever you’ve got a glut of green beans on your hands.
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 300g (10 oz) green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- flaky sea salt
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Heat 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil over a medium high heat in a large, non-stick skillet or frying pan large enough to accommodate all the beans and fry the bacon until crisp.
- Meanwhile, trim the beans and make the vinaigrette by whisking together the remaining 1 tbsp of oil, vinegar, mustard and maple syrup.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and stir it into the dressing.
- Add the beans to the pan and fry for 10-12 minutes, tossing regularly until the beans are just tender and charred.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dressing until it has reduced and coated the beans. Serve immediately in a warm dish, seasoned to taste with sea salt, if required.