These easy Mango Chutney Chicken Rice Bowls take just 20 minutes to throw together with sweet, sticky, spicy mango chutney glazed chicken, fruity mango slices, crunchy cashews and a quick coriander and coconut chutney. I promise you they’re the most delicious weeknight dinner you’re going to make this week.
- 1 tbsp light oil
- sea salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 4 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 lime
- 1 ripe mango
- large handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- thumb sized piece fresh ginger
- generous pinch cumin seeds
- 1 x Tilda Pilau Rice pouch
- 1/2 red chilli
- small handful salted cashews (this should be roughly 30g)
- Combine the oil, 1/2 tsp sea salt and garam masala in a medium bowl to form a loose paste. Toss in the chicken thighs until they’re well coated.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium high heat. Meanwhile, stir together the mango chutney and the juice of 1/2 the lime. set aside.
- Griddle the chicken on both sides until golden and almost cooked through. Glaze the chicken well with most of the mango chutney mix and griddle until caramelised. Brush the chicken with the rest of the chutney.
- Meanwhile, slice the mango, chilli, and make the chutney by blitzing together the coriander, coconut milk, desiccated coconut, ginger – peeled and roughly chopped – cumin seeds, lime juice and a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Cook the rice by following the instructions on the back of the pack – tearing a small hole in the top before microwaving for two minutes. For fluffier grains, I like to separate them by gently squeezing the pack before tearing it open at the top.
- Divide the rice between the bowls and top with the chicken, mango slices, a generous dollop of coriander coconut chutney, and top with the salted cashews and chilli slices.
Lemon is a delicious substitute for lime in this recipe, just as lemons tend to be a little bigger season the chutney with lemon juice to taste.