This delicious dish of roasted sweet potato wedges topped with a luxurious homemade almond tahini, smoked almonds and a drizzle of date molasses is the ultimate side dish for autumnal dinners.
For the Almond Tahini
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) raw almonds
- 4 tbsp light oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt
For the Sweet Potato Wedges
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp light oil
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- date molasses
- handful smoked almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (390 farenheit). Soak the almonds in a small bowl of boiling water for 30 minutes. Alternatively, leave them to soak overnight.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into rough, equal wedges and spread them out on a baking sheet. Toss with 1 tbsp of light oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper before roasting for 30 minutes until soft, charred and tender.
- To make the almond tahini, blitz the almonds into a rough paste in a food processor or bullet blender. Blitz in the oil a tablespoon at a time, followed by the garlic clove, peeled, the sherry vinegar and the sea salt. Finally, blitz in 80ml (4 1/2 tbsp) of ice water until the mixture is smooth. If you soaked the almonds overnight, you’ll only need half this amount to reach the desired consistency, but you can always add more if you want the tahini to be runnier!
- Drizzle half the tahini across a serving platter. Arrange the sweet potato wedges before topping with the rest of the tahini, a generous drizzle of the date molasses and the smoked almonds, roughly chopped.