This easy method for making Crispy Tofu in the air fryer is perfect for adding a last minute bit of protein to salads and noodle bowls – with or without a delicious teriyaki glaze and a sprinkling of sesame seeds!
- 280g (10 oz) block extra firm tofu
- light spray oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp teriyaki glaze (optional)
- 1 tsp furikake or toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Drain the tofu and gently pat out as much liquid as possible using pieces of kitchen towel. Cut into thick slices and do the same again.
- Chop the slices into cubes and transfer them to a medium bowl. Spritz with the oil until just coated, turning occasionally with a spoon, doing your best not to break up the tofu until all the cubes are just coated in oil.
- Working 1 tsp at a time, gently toss the tofu cubes in the cornflour until they’re well coated, again doing your best not to break up the tofu.
- Lightly spritz the air fryer basket with oil and spread out the tofu. Bake on a 200 degree (390 farenheit) setting for 15 minutes, only tossing after 10. The tofu should be crispy and slightly golden.
- Serve immediately, tossing in teriyaki glaze if using, and sprinkling with furikake or sesame seeds if desired.