These easy Sheet Pan Roasted Veggie Tacos come together really quickly on busy weeknights, perfect served with charred corn tortillas, roughly chopped onions and coriander, and a speedy, creamy, avocado lime crema sauce.
For the Sheet Pan Veggie Tacos
- 1 small aubergine (eggplant)
- 1 medium courgette (zucchini)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1/2 tbsp light oil
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried cumin
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- sea salt
- 1/2 brown onion
- generous handful fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 8 small fresh corn tortillas
- lime wedges, for serving
For the Avocado Lime Crema
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 50g (1/4 cup) soured cream
- 1/4 tsp dried garlic granules
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh lime juice, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 (430 farenheit). Chop the vegetables into slightly smaller than for a traybake bite-sized pieces, and on a baking tray toss together with the oil, spices and a generous amount of salt. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway, until soft and charred.
- Meanwhile, charr the tortillas in a dry pan over a high heat and set aside (see note). Additionally, finely chop the onion and coriander, combine, and set aside.
- To make the avocado lime crema, blitz together the avocado, soured cream (or plant-based substitute), garlic powder and a good amount of sea salt and lime juice in a mini chopper and blitz until smooth. Season to taste with more salt and lime juice, if needed.
- Serve the roasted veggies alongside the tortillas, onion mix and the crema making sure there are plenty of lime wedges for squeezing over each taco once they’re assembled.
As with my Oregano Sumac Flatbreads, I find if you quickly transfer the hot, charred tortillas to a resealable bag to steam a little they stay soft and supple until you’re ready to eat.