This simple and delicious recipe for French-style Pan Fried King Prawns in Garlic Butter is an indulgent summer lunchtime treat – ready in just 15 minutes and requiring just 4 ingredients it is perfect served with a baguette to mop up all that delicious prawn-infused garlic butter from the bottom of your bowl.
- 60g (4 tbsp) lightly salted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves
- roughly 300g (10 oz) cooked shell on prawns
- small handful flat leaf parsley
- Heat most of the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat until frothy. Add the garlic – finely chopped – and gently cook until the garlic is soft.
- Add the prawns to the pan and gently cook until they’re heated through.
- Add the parsley – finely chopped – and the remaining butter. Cook until the butter has melted and serve in warm bowls to stop the butter hardening in the bottom whilst you’re still eating.
Add a pinch of salt at the end of cooking if you only have unsalted butter to hand.