This easy Damson Cordial recipe is infused with a hint of cinnamon for the perfect autumnal sip to enjoy poured over ice and topped up with sparkling water.
- 500g (1 lb) damsons
- 500g (1 lb) white granulated sugar
- 500ml (2 1/4 cups) cold water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a large saucepan, combine the damsons, sugar, water and the cinnamon stock. Place over a medium high heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a vigorous simmer and leave for 15 minutes, until the skins of the damsons have split, the flesh has broken down, and the liquid has turned a beautiful pink-purple hue.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool, and for the cinnamon stick to infuse.
- Using a spoon, skim any scum off the top of the pan before straining the cordial.
Keep refrigerated for up to 1 month.
Keywords: damson, cordial, damson cordial, drinks, cinnamon