These easy Prawn Cocktail-inspired Devilled Eggs are made with Marie Rose Sauce, King Prawns and a dash of Tabasco for the classic starter served in bite sized form – the perfect elegant party food for the festive season!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Marie Rose Sauce (also sold as seafood cocktail sauce)
- 1 1/2 tbsp double cream (see note)
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco, plus extra for garnishing
- sea salt
- fresh lemon juice
- 8 cooked king prawns
- dill sprigs
- sweet smoked paprika
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Plunge them into a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking and to cool them down.
- Peel the eggs and halve them down the middle. Remove the yolks carefully with a teaspoon and transfer them to a small bowl.
- Using the back of a spoon (it will make a smoother filling than if you were to use a fork) mash the yolks. Beat in the Marie Rose Sauce, the cream and the Tabasco. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice, and transfer the smooth mixture to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Pipe the filling back into the eggs before topping each with a prawn – position these carefully as they can help hide less than perfect piping!
- Garnish each devilled egg with a dill sprig and splash a little Tabasco onto each prawn. Finish each with a sprinkling of sweet smoked paprika, and serve.
If you’ve not got double cream open but there is a pot of single cream in the fridge, use that instead!