These easy Ruby Grapefruit and Rosemary Mimosas – made with fresh grapefruit juice and a homemade rosemary simple syrup – are the perfect treat for your Mother’s Day brunch.
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) white caster sugar (granulated sugar)
- 2–3 large rosemary sprigs
- 1 large ruby grapefruit
- chilled champagne, prosecco, cremant or cava
- To make a rosemary sugar syrup, combine the sugar, water and rosemary sprigs in a small saucepan, and set over a medium high heat. Stir until the sugar has all dissolved. Remove from the heat, and allow the rosemary sprigs to infuse in the syrup while it cools.
- Halve and juice the grapefruit, then sieve the juice to remove any bits.
- To assemble each cocktail, but 1 tbsp of the sugar syrup in the bottom of each champagne glass, fill up to half with grapefruit juice before topping up with champagne.
This recipe serves 2 for a Mother’s Day brunch, but it is easily scaled!
Keywords: mimosa, grapefruit, grapefruit mimosa, cocktail, brunch, rosemary, mothers day