This is our family favourite recipe for the barbecue, and is a real crowd pleaser whenever we have people over during the summer!
- 10 Slices Streaky Bacon (We use unsmoked, but that is family preference)
- 500g (1lb 2oz) Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red Pepper, in chunks
- 1 Yellow Pepper, in chunks
- 1 Large Red Onion, in chunks
- 4 tbsp Clear Honey
- 4 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 Wooden Barbecue Skewers
- While you are preparing the chicken and the vegetables soak the skewers in cold water. This will stop them burning when you put them on the barbecue.
- Cut the chicken into barbecue skewer size chunks and rap a small strip of bacon around each one. Thread pieces of chicken and bacon, onion and pepper alternatively onto each stick.
- Prepare the sticky marinade by combining the honey, mustard and olive oil together with a fork or whisk in a small bowl. Brush a bit of the marinade onto each skewer.
- Now, depending on your barbecue set up, cook the skewers on a prepared barbecue for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, brushing with more marinate until it has all gone every time you turn them. Or, if you are me hand the plate of skewers and the bowl of marinate to whoever is in charge of the barbecue and instruct them in the marinading.