This easy recipe helps you turn the leftover seeds from carving your Halloween pumpkin into a crunchy, spicy snack, delicious with drinks and cocktails.
- The seeds from a small to medium pumpkin
- 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- Pre-heat the oven to about 200 degrees (400 degrees fahrenheit).
- Rinse the pumpkin seeds under cold water and dry on kitchen towel.
- Mix the soy, oil and spices together in a small bowl to form a paste and add the dried seeds. Mix well until they are all well coated.
- Cover a baking sheet with non stick baking parchment and spread the seeds over the sheet until they are no longer clumped together.
- Toast until golden and dry, watching the spices don’t burn and turning around with a spatula every few minutes, for about 20 minutes to half an hour.
- Once cool store in an air tight tub.