This bright fattouch salad is fresh, bright, crunchy and colourful, and is perfect for lunch or as a side to accompany grilled meats.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Sumac
- Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Roughly Chopped Mint
- 1 tbsp Roughly Chopped Flatleaf Parsley
- 1/2 English Cucumber, cubed
- 150g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Bunch Radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Large Wholemeal Pitta Breads
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- First, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk up 2 tbsp of olive oil, the lemon juice, 1/2 tsp sumac, the herbs and a good pinch of sea salt.
- Next, prepare the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and radishes and toss them into a large bowl.
- Split the pittas in half using the hollow in the middle and roughly tear them into pieces.
- Heat a large frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil over a high heat and add the pitta. Toss while they fry, keeping a close eye on them until all of the oil is absorbed and they are crispy and golden. Remove the pan from the heat and season well with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over 1/2 tsp sumac and toss until the spice is coating the pieces.
- Pour the dressing over the salad vegetables and toss well. Add the pitta pieces and toss lightly, and serve immediately to prevent the pitta getting too soggy with dressing.