A delicious Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Ice Cream from Joy The Baker’s Homemade Decadence.
- 225g (8 oz) Full Fat Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 310ml Full Fat Milk & 310ml Double Cream (2 1/2 cups Half and Half)
- 220g (1 cup) Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Blend the milk, cream (or half and half) and room temperature cream cheese together in a food processor until smooth and there are no lumps of cream cheese.
- Add the sugar and the salt, and blend until combined. Joy states you can also add an optional tablespoon full of Bourbon here, if you’d like. Go for it if you’re after the taste, but otherwise this sets nice so it can be scooped right out the tub after only a minute or two, so if you’re used to adding alcohol to your ice cream to get a soft scoop, you don’t need to here.
- Freeze the ice cream in your ice cream maker as per the manufacturers instructions, but take my note that this might take up to twice the time if you’re making this with British ingredients. Freeze instantly in freezer proof tubs, and enjoy a few hours later scooped into pretty bowls or glasses, and sprinkled with chocolate coated potato chip pieces!