Making your own cheese is really satisfying, and this easy recipe for labneh made from strained Greek yogurt is a great place to start!
- 340g Classic Total Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (I use Breton Fleur de Sel)
- Za’atar (you can make your own if you like, 101 Cookbooks has a recipe)
- Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and the sea salt.
- Dampen and spread your cheesecloth or tea towel over a large bowl, or ruck up your stocking or tight leg over a tall glass so you can easily spoon the yogurt mixture into the bottom.
- Tie the yogurt tightly with a piece of string (tea towel or cheesecloth) or by tying a knot in the stocking. Leave in a cool place or in the fridge for 24 hours, then untie the cheese.
- Serve at room temperature drizzled with oil and with a very generous sprinkling of za’atar.