Hot Toddy’s are really personal, and I like mine made with warm apple juice, ginger beer, cinnamon vodka and cognac.
- 75ml Apple Juice
- 75ml Ginger Beer
- 50ml Boiling Water
- 2 Cloves
- Broken End (about 1/4) Crushed Cinnamon Stick
- 30ml Cognac or Brandy
- 20ml Cinnamon Vodka or Liquor (I use Smirnoff Gold)
- Combine the apple juice, ginger beer and boiling water in a small lidded saucepan. Add the cloves and the crushed cinnamon, and bring to the boil over a medium to high heat.
- Put on the lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cognac and the cinnamon vodka, and heat gently until heated through, taking care not to let it boil as it will boil off the alcohol.
- Sieve into a glass mug and enjoy: I was fuelled by these while Mummy and I decorated the Christmas tree!